Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

macro with diopters - finally getting the hang of this

Started by troporobo ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

macro with diopters - finally getting the hang of this

1 posts
  1. I've been on a quest for a while now to get some decent shots of pygmy seahorses (an opportunity that I am fortunate to have regularly). I started with the Olympus 12-50 lens on "macro" setting, then tried the Olympus wet lens on top of that, and now have finally acquired a proper macro lens and Subsee +5 and +10 diopters. I can't believe I didn't just start with the right combination straight away! I think that I am finally starting to get the hang of this setup.

     

    Although lighting the little buggers can be a challenge, and I have yet to convince one to look straight at the camera for its portrait, I am happy with these shots. These are pretty much straight out of the camera, with a touch of exposure and contrast correction, but no crop.

     

    Shot with the Olympus E-M5, 60mm macro lens, Subsee +5, and Inon S-2000 strobes.

     

     

    post-32061-0-78419200-1445686482_thumb.jpg

    post-32061-0-55677400-1445686495_thumb.jpg

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.