Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Aquatica regular eyepiece problem

Started by pbalves ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Aquatica regular eyepiece problem

3 posts
  1. Hi Folks

     

    I have an Aquatica Housing and I had the eyepiece out from it, my kid dismanteled it, and now I do not know exactly how to mount it again.

     

    I have asked help to Aquatica, but I did not get an answer yet, and as I need the housing to go dive, I am asking here for your help.

     

    What I need to know is the right order to put the different elements inside the "inner part".

     

    Picking up the inner part with the side that is looking to the eyeview of the camera facing down, what is right the sequence of puting the other elements in it.

     

    Please see the schem with the parts identification. The ring spacers R1 and R2 are equal. And the "B" part, the more convex side is facing down or up?

     

    Thanks in advance for your help.

     

    Pedro Alves

     

    post-7244-0-38426800-1445725696_thumb.jpg

    post-7244-0-64677800-1445725706_thumb.jpg

  2. We perform Aquatica maintenance here in Finland and I checked from my notes of a similar eyepiece the following order, from the outside inwards:

     

    1) outer lense with O-ring (you seem to have this still in position)

    2) black metal spacer ring R

    3) convex lense B with convex side pointing towards the outside

    4) black metal spacer ring R

    5) concave lense A

     

    Remember to clean your finger prints from the lenses...

  3. Thanks for the input!

     

    You saved me next weekend dives!

     

    BR

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.