Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nauticam NA-7DMKII housing, cold shoe loosening

Started by black_pudding ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Nauticam NA-7DMKII housing, cold shoe loosening

2 posts
  1. I bought a 7DMKII and the Nauticam housing earlier this year, and so far really love it. camera and housing are well designed, easy to use, and AF is great.

     

    I've only done a handful of dives with them so far, but have noticed something that I wonder if anyone else has experienced: the cold shoe mount seems to somehow loosen during a dive. so far no major issue with it, but if I don't check/tighten it in between dives, it can sometimes come off after I put it back in my padded bag when I'm done for the day.

     

    seems like it needs to be looser to mount it than it does to remove it. again, it's fine if I check it regularly, but seems like there may be a slight design issue here. has this been the case for anyone else? or for previous Nauticam housings?

     

    thanks,

    Mark

    Edited by black_pudding
  2. I have the same housing, and don't know what you are referring to when you say cold shoe mount. My macro ports have cold shoe mounts but the housing itself only has fiber optic ports where a cold shoe would normally be placed.

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.