Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Sony FE 28mm f/2 ?

Started by tamas970 ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Sony FE 28mm f/2 ?

5 posts
  1. Does anyone have experience with the Sony FE 28mm f/2 underwater? I am looking for an a7II setup and would like to pair it with this lens + a Nauticam WWL-1.

  2. Thanks for the link! Downloaded the images, the center looks really decent, borders are a little less convincing (even though these are highly copped & downsized shots). The limitation should not arise from the 2/28, since the shots I was looking at were taken at f8-11. I think IQ-wise it's a draw between an appropriately chosen FE dome and the WWL-1 - the Nauticam 140mm "fisheye dome" also has its limitations.

     

    Question #2: Is the 2/28 (or a WA lens in general) of any use behind a flat port? Can I get it doing reasonable (I know, very suboptimal) macro by adding my UCL-165? One key advantage of the WWL-1 is the flexibility, that I can take it off in case I want another focal length - the question is if one can really exploit this flexibility, without producing heavily distorted macros?

    Edited by tamas970
  3. nothing is perfect in this world

     

    i think with all these wide angle options for the Sony system is a trade off between size, cost and image quality. you have to pick the things you are most interested in and stick to that.

     

     

    #2. some one else will have to jump in here but general consensus in uw photography is if you are going to do wide angle, do wide angle. if you are going to do macro, do macro.

  4. nothing is perfect in this world

     

    i think with all these wide angle options for the Sony system is a trade off between size, cost and image quality. you have to pick the things you are most interested in and stick to that.

     

     

    #2. some one else will have to jump in here but general consensus in uw photography is if you are going to do wide angle, do wide angle. if you are going to do macro, do macro.

    Concerning still iq, I am already satisfied with my e-pl5+m43 primes. I guess any reasomable FF lens should be able to surpass resolutions i got eg with a 2/12. Other factors (flare, distortion, ca/sa) weigh in of course.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.