Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

em5 and second shutter curtain flash sync

Started by markw ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

em5 and second shutter curtain flash sync

3 posts
  1. I have an EM5 olympus and wondered if is it possible to set the flash to sync with the second curtain and still use 1/64 power?

    When I select second curtain from the menu the external strobes don't expose correctly.

     

    Thanks for any advice,

    Mark

  2. The second curtain sync is useful for slow shutter speed shots only. For example you may be shooting in a wreck at 1/2 second and you want second curtain to bring colour back on the fish. Or otherwise for having motion blur effects. If your shutter speed is normal there is not much difference between front and rear curtain

  3. Thanks for the reply Interceptor - I was interested in using it for fast moving fish but when selected, it appears to alter all the other flash settings. I was hoping there was a way to use second sync with the other flash settings remaining the same.

     

    Mark

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.