Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Photoshop CC MAC OSX 10.10: Cursor/Tool-Tip Size Problem

Started by Jock ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Photoshop CC MAC OSX 10.10: Cursor/Tool-Tip Size Problem

2 posts
  1. Hi to the Mac experts,

     

    I am relatively new in the Mac Universe; I bought a Retina iMac this spring. Due to the high resolution I increased the size of the mouse corsor for better visibility. When I use Photoshop, all tool tips seem to be linked to this increased size. (There was no such link under my Windows PC.)

     

    My problem: There is a mismatch between the (increased) tool tips and the screen action! If, for example, I use the eraser in block mode, the area that is erased is much smaller than the square block that is displayed on the screen. Same with other tools. Makes fine-tuning almost impossible.

     

    Is there any solution for correcting this (other than changing the system cursor size every time I start and close Photoshop)? Does the same problem exist under El Capitan? (Cannot upgrade yet because a program I need to use still crashes with 10.11, as the software developer warns.)

     

    Regards, Jock

  2. Nope. you will have to live with the small cursor or switch every time you use PS.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.