Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Any feedback on Nikon D7200 yet?

Started by bfdc ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Any feedback on Nikon D7200 yet?

3 posts
  1. As my Nikon d300 grows longer in the tooth each year, I am contemplating upgrade to d7200. I am a sea and sea guy for housings as I have all the ports etc so that is where I will likely stay. It sounds like the S&S 7100 housing fits the 7200 as well

     

    Thx in advance

  2. D7200 is an excellent camera. Fantastic image quality and better AF than a D800.

     

    However Thom Hogan thinks the D400 might finally appear in the first half of next year. I am sure I written that most years since 2009!

    http://www.dslrbodies.com/newsviews/new-nikon-lens-prices.html

     

    Alex

  3. D7200 is an excellent camera. Fantastic image quality and better AF than a D800.

     

    However Thom Hogan thinks the D400 might finally appear in the first half of next year. I am sure I written that most years since 2009!

    http://www.dslrbodies.com/newsviews/new-nikon-lens-prices.html

     

    Alex

     

     

    thx Alex

     

    LOL...as an avid follower of Thom Hogan, I have also seen that "the world will end on..." prediction for the D400 year after year. It could be someone at Nikon is "punking" Thom. LOL

     

    I have used a rental D7200 on the surface for wild life photography in Yellowstone and was very pleased with the focus speed and the image quality and improved hi ISO performance. It is lighter and smaller. Didn't fit my hands quite as nicely as my D300 and I missed some of the dedicated buttons.....only a few of those are issues once in a housing.

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.