Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Ikelite Lens Extension Stuck In Precision Dome Port...problem?

Started by joez2391 ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Ikelite Lens Extension Stuck In Precision Dome Port...problem?

3 posts
  1. I have a precision dome port (Ikelite) for my tokina 11-17 fisheye and as i was going to disassemble it for cleaning, I could not remove the modular lens extension tube from the dome port. What would you guys suggest?

     

    Would it be dangerous (chance of flooding) if I were to leave it stuck in place without taking it apart to lube the o rings? I have no idea if I'm better off leaving it without risking damage to the dome port or trying to remove it with a rubber wrench. If there is no chance of it flooding as long as I dont mess with it I wont touch it. Please let me know if you have any suggestions!

     

    -Joe

  2. the strap wrench worked perfectly, thank you! It wouldn't budge at first so I let the port soak in cold water for a few hours to shrink the plastic a bit and with some force it came off. Thanks again for the suggestion.

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.