Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nauticam SMC scratched

Started by Zeelanddiver ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Nauticam SMC scratched

1 posts
  1. Hi Guys,

     

    Nothing bad about the Nauticam SMC to begin with, the only thing is that I managed to get a minor scratch on the front glass. I contacted my dealer, it can be repaired... by fitting a new front glass into the SMC. Since the SMC is nitrogen filled, it can has to be sent back to Nauticam. I don't know the costs yet, but in order to prevent this next time. I was wondering do you guys utilize the front thread of the SMC to fit for example a relatively cheap UV protector filter?

     

    Does the compartment between the SMC and the filter fill with water? And, does it drain :).

     

    Another idea I had was to use a rubber sunprotector, like Hoya is making, the flexible/foldable ones. so that things around the SMC can not get onto the front glass so easily.

     

    Im open for any other options :), being more carefull is one, but since I dive mostly in murky waters its more likely to take some precautionary measures.

     

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.