Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Looking for a Nauticam or Sea and Sea housing for my Nikon D810

Started by kokopedal ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Looking for a Nauticam or Sea and Sea housing for my Nikon D810

4 posts
  1. I purchase a new Nikon D810 to replace my Nikon D300 and Ikelite housing (for sale). It doesn't make sense to purchase an Ikelite for the new camera because the Ikelite doesn't accommodate most of the FX lenses I prefer to use. Don't get me wrong I have been quite satisfied with Ikelite and both of my Ds161m strobes (also for sale) . If you know of any great or good deals on the Nauticam or Sea and Sea housing please contact me.

  2. I haven't seen a deal or used NA-D810 housing in a long time, if ever, so I'd expect new is what you'll end up having to do. I have the Nauticam NA-D810 - very happy with it and the D810 of course.

  3. One option if looking for a deal would be to get a used D800 housing and have it converted to work with the D810. This can be done with Nauticam housing and I believe a few others manufacturers.

  4. I thought about doing that for my D810, and am glad I didn't actually. Not all buttons will work with the conversion (Nauticam), plus the conversion price makes a deal not such a great deal once you get done.

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.