Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Deep Blue Spearfishing Sumba, Indonesia

Started by Ribeiro dos Santos ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Deep Blue Spearfishing Sumba, Indonesia

9 posts
  1. Hello all,

    We just finished our spearfishing promoting video for Nihiwatu Resort, in Sumba, Indonesia. It was mostly shot with a Nikon D7200, (Tokina 10-17+ kenko 1.4) Nauticam Housing, Sea and Sea 9' acrylic dome, though it has also some Gopro 4 Black and DJI drone shooting.

    Water wasn't crystal clear, though...

     

    Here's the link:

     

  2. I don't like the video.

     

    Sorry but I don't like seeing how do you kill fishes. :angry2:/uploads/1861.gif" /> Much, much better seeing they alive.

     

    Fishes are my friends and I don't eat (or kill) my friends.

  3. what on earth are you doing. you think this is sport? well im sorry but i dont.

  4. In other forums the rules don't allow animal abuse in videos. This is animal abuse for me, it should be deleted.

  5. Spear fishing, like all hunting, should be only for the pot. Promoting it as a pastime for package tourists is sick.

  6. Don't like

  7. Not to keen, spear fishing has a place as a very sustainable way of selecting fish to eat but just killing for sport I don't really get it

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. Not that I agree with spear fishing, but I would point out that most of you whom are not vegetarians eat fish. Probably taken with a lot more environmental impact.

     

    As far as the video, it is not badly done, but it should not emphasize the death of these fish.

  9. Sorry guys.

    For some reason, I didn't got any message saying there were answers to my post...

    Now just visited the site and realised nobody liked it.
    Maybe it helps to ease your feelings to know that all the fish caught, either is consumed by the hotel (which, otherwise, had to buy it from other fisherman) or offered as a complement to young student meals at the local schools.

    Though I understand people may choose vegetarianism or veganism as a way of life (which I respect), spearfishing is the most selective and non-pulluting way of catching fish.

    I posted it here mainly for feedback and constructive criticism regarding the technical part of it, as well as for suggestions, which I got none.

    I also stress that spearfishing and fishing are offered as a part of many resorts activities, and I was merely doing my job, on capturing its best moments.

    Do you think I should have declined? What would be your thoughts if I was documenting professional fisherman trawlers?

     

    I wish I could thank you for the feedback, but I really can't.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.