Hi,
in the Nauticam lens chart is the small fe port recommended.
Has anybody tried a different combination?
Was not too happy with the corners....
Any ideas?
Regards,
Wolfgang
Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic
Which port for Oly 12mm f 2,0 in Nauticam housing?
Started by trimix125 ·
- 8Posts
- 8Replies
Read-only discussion
Which port for Oly 12mm f 2,0 in Nauticam housing?
-
-
Hi,
in the Nauticam lens chart is the small fe port recommended.
Has anybody tried a different combination?
Was not too happy with the corners....
Any ideas?
Regards,
Wolfgang
Another option is the 36131 wide angle port.
-
Hi Espen,
have you tried that combination?
The problem will be that we are not allowed to use strobes and its deep and dark....
So i hoped that someony has tried a bigger dome....
Other option is to change the system, so maybe a Sony setup, or a new housing for my Nikon D7100 and a fast 20mm...
But that will be a lot of money....
Regards,
Wolfgang -
I really like the Olympus 12mm F/2 and have used it often for split images using the ZEN Underwater 170mm optical glass dome port type I (without the extension used with lenses like 7-14 and 12-40). Corners seem sharp enough to me but I find corner sharpness to be quite a obsession for some.
The image is with the Olympus E-M1, Nauticam NA-EM1 housing, ZEN 170mm port, 12mm F/2, ISO-200, F/5, 1/2500th, shot in aperture priority, center-weighted average, ambient light.
Taken in Cozumel Mexico at Underwater Digital Fiesta while teaching a model workshop, 2016 information attached http://www.underwaterdigitalfiesta.com
-
Hi Phil,
thanks for that input!!!
This is exactly what i want to know....
So the 170mm Zen port gets more interesting for me ;-))
Regards,
Wolfgang -
-
What about the new 140 mm Nauticam fisheye dome - 36048 - I just ordered one for my Olympus fisheye PRO. While its not in the nauticam port chart for the 12 mm f/2.0 why shouldn't it work?
-
Nauticam recommend the 4.33 and 3.5 with extension domes as a way to reduce size. I have never used the 140mm dome but I would expect it to work with the 12mm. The larger dome works best for split images.
Perhaps someone else here has used the 12mm with the 140mm dome.