Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Fantasea housing for the RX100 mIV

Started by tamas970 ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Fantasea housing for the RX100 mIV

5 posts
  1. I just ordered an RX100m4 and looking for a decent, double o-ring design housing, the Fantasea FRX100-IV looks interesting.

     

    Does anyone have experience wih the Fantasea RX housings? Is it working well with the 67mm wide lenses? (h100, wwl-1)

     

    After checking out the options, I am quite confused...

     

    The Acquapazza establishes a case for Aluminium too. Also there is the Meikon Al housing...

    Edited by tamas970
  2. Bumping this topic, as I have the same question, although I am more interested in the UWL-04 fisheye lens instead of the wide-angle.

    Edited by Istiophorus
  3. Finally went for the Nauticam housing, dived with it a bit. I am absolutely happy with the workmanship & ergonomy. Considering it has a vacuum sensor (which I paired with a Leak Sentinel valve), and most others don't even offer a port for the valve, I think it was the right call.

  4. Hi,

    I'm thinking of upgrading to rx100m4 from the canon S100, already have the UWl H100. Hoping this will work on a Nauticam housing.

    What wetlenses do you use?

    How do you find the battery life?

    Interested in your experiences with this housing and camera!

    Thanks!

  5. It will work however you would be better off with the RX100 mark II for still images as the lens is 100mm at long end and this gives you more magnification for macro

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.