Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

New Lens Suggestions

Started by ScubaGreg ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

New Lens Suggestions

1 posts
  1. Hi everyone. My name is Greg. I am fairly new to underwater photography using a dSLR but I love how the photos look when I luckily get a good shot. I have done a bit of research on my stock lens (AF-S DX Zoom-NIKKOR 18-55mm) and it sounds like it isn't the greatest for UW photography. This is my current setup below:

    Nikon D3200
    AF-S DX Zoom-NIKKOR 18-55mm
    Ikelite housing
    Ikelite 6 inch dome port
    2 - Ikelite DS51 strobes

    I am wondering what would be a good but not terribly expensive lens upgrade. I know the D3200 is limited in what lenses it can use. Most of my photos are close up but there are times I do take photos 2 - 6 ft away. I would like something that is AF and would fit with the 6 inch dome port. If this is not possible, what direction do you think I should go? Any help you can give would be great.

    Thanks in advance.

    Edited by ScubaGreg
AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.