Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Rolling in the Deep - Eastern Papua

Started by Oceanshutter ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Rolling in the Deep - Eastern Papua

7 posts
  1. Hello everyone.

     

    Once again, I would like to share my latest episode in my 'Rolling in the Deep' series. This time exploring the muck of Eastern Papua. This is one of my favorite ones I have done. One particulary cool shots is of a Peacock Mantis shrimp aerating its eggs. Very cool behavior.

     

    Let me know what you think!

     

    Dustin

     

     

    Or youtube

     

     

     

  2. Absolutely stunning macro work! Your stability at this magnification is amazing - please share how you manage to get your subjects to cooperate while you set up!

     

    The mantis is terrific but I'm going to go with the skeleton shrimp as my favorite in this clip.

     

    Thanks once again for posting such inspiration.

  3. Awsome work! Congratulations. I liked a lot the lighting.

     

    I supose you are using some kind of tripod, don't you?

     

    Cheers.

  4. As always, fantastic work. Thanks for sharing.

  5. Wow, just beautiful Dustin.

  6. Absolutely stunning macro work! Your stability at this magnification is amazing - please share how you manage to get your subjects to cooperate while you set up!

     

    The mantis is terrific but I'm going to go with the skeleton shrimp as my favorite in this clip.

     

    Thanks once again for posting such inspiration.

     

    That is a good question. Sometimes, they don't cooperate. Other times they do. Patience is key. In fact, I had 1 dive at a muck spot, that was a 2 hour dive, and everything was cooperating! And they were traditionally difficult subjects. I am going to do a film that just has footage from that dive. It was pretty cool.

    Wow, just beautiful Dustin.

     

    Thanks!

    Awsome work! Congratulations. I liked a lot the lighting.

     

    I supose you are using some kind of tripod, don't you?

     

    Cheers.

     

    Yes, I use a tripod. A necessity for dslr macro footage.

    As always, fantastic work. Thanks for sharing.

     

    you are welcome! thanks for watching it.

  7. The name of the place? Raja ampat isnt?

     

    Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.