Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nauticam 180mm glass port bouyancy

Started by watboy ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Nauticam 180mm glass port bouyancy

4 posts
  1. I'm going to Palau for New Years, and have decided to finally get a big dome for some rectilinear wide angle as well as try my luck with over/unders at jellyfish lake.

     

    Ordered a Nauticam 180 port and N85 to 120 adaptor to use the Oly 7-14 pro on my EM1. Anyone know the bouyancy characteristics of this port? I currently use 2 ports, a 4.33" acrylic mini dome for the Pany fisheye, and the 12-50 port for 12-50 and 60mm macro lens / subsee diopter. Wondering what to expect what the bouyancy difference will be between the 120mm glass dome vs the 4.33" acrylic mini port. Will I need more floats?

     

    thanks

  2. I can attest to the 180 mm being a nice dome size for under/over shoots. Made a hell of a difference compared to my plexidome.

     

    While the dome and adaptor is heavy its also big so negative bouancy is not a big problem IMO. Tjis is using the Pana 7-14 mm. The Oly 7-14 is substantially heavier.

  3. Update

    Nauticam with glass dome, 2 Z240's, 2 7" arms and 4 jumbo stix floats, slightly negative. With 2 9" arms and 6 jumbo stix float, microscopically positively, had to add a focus light to make it neutral. I found that i preferred slightly negative more. Purely neutral gets annoying when I wanted to stow the camera to deploy an SMB.

  4. When I go to the 6" Nauticam wide angle port from my 12-50 mm port I have to remove two jumbo float stix so its not overly buoyant.

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.