Skip to content

Classifieds / Archived topic

FS/FT- Olympus EPL1 in housing with Strobe and focus light- great setup

Started by casts_by_fly ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

FS/FT- Olympus EPL1 in housing with Strobe and focus light- great setup

5 posts
  1. Hi All

    I am upgrading so this sale will help fund my new setup.

    I bought this as part of a package about 18 months ago and have dove with it two trips. It is a really good setup (I'm upgrading more for the topside handling) and would suit a beginner or intermediate user. A beginner could set the camera in auto, attached a flexi-arm from hotshoe to flash, and have a nice snapshot camera capable of taking excellent pictures. An intermediate user would add a tray and arm setup and have a very flexible interchangeable lens system (what I have now).

    Pictures from these albums are with this setup for reference of what the camera is capable of:

    https://rkoontz.smugmug.com/Cozumel-2015-Aldora-Divers/
    https://rkoontz.smugmug.com/Other/Maldives-2015-Athuruga/

    Included in the sale is the camera, 14-42 lens, original chargers and cables (plus some spare batteries), the Olympus EP01 housing (including a spare O-ring), lens focus gear, an Olympus UFL-2 strobe (including fiber optic connection to housing), and a nano focus light. Pictures show the quality and condition of everything. All are in good to very good shape. It has never been flooded and I've never had a problem with any of the system. The strobe works brilliantly in RC mode which really helps on the battery usage. I shoot manual exposure but TTL flash, but of course you can set it up how you like. Full auto works great (like a point and shoot).

    Note that the housing shows a Zen dome on the front in the pictures. I will be keeping the Zen and swapping to the Olympus dome before shipping. I've never used the Olympus dome (it is pristine). Also note that there are 3 extra batteries shown (the original is in the camera). One of them (labeled with #4) I'm not 100% confident about underwater so consider the same for 2 spare batteries on top of the original and I'll throw in a free battery.

    I would like $500 plus actual shipping for the setup. I'm currently in the UK, but recognize that this forum has a large US contingent as well. I will be going home for Christmas and could definitely ship from the US if that works timing wise. If you're in the UK, then you get the benefit of the exchange rate as UK prices in pounds would be a bit higher normally.
    For interest, either respond to this thread or PM me here. Any questions, just put them on thread.

    thanks,
    rick

    IMG_0227-L.jpg

    IMG_0232-L.jpg

    IMG_0233-L.jpg

    IMG_0234-L.jpg

    IMG_0236-L.jpg

    IMG_0231-L.jpg

    IMG_0230-L.jpg

    Edited by casts_by_fly
  2. I'm interested - whereabouts in the UK are you or how much would postage be within the UK? Can you PM me? Thanks

  3. Hi there. I will send you a PM also but I am in yorkshire. Shipping inside the UK shouldn't be much more than £10-£15 or so.

     

    Thanks

    Rick

  4. Taken to PM to work out payment/details

  5. now sold. thread can be locked.

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.