Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

12-40 dome question

Started by Wapiti ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

12-40 dome question

2 posts
  1. I currently shoot my 12-40 behind the Olympus PPO-E02 flat port in the Oly housing for my M-1. I took a chance and ordered the Inon 170mm dome meant for 4/3 lenses; as I thought, the dome port by itself is too short. Turns out it's still a few mm short with my 1" extension, so I have a 2" extension on the way. Does anyone here have experience shooting this lens behind the Inon dome? Is 2" enough? I'm guessing it's ok to stack extensions, but I don't want an extra leak point if I can help it.

     

  2. I received the 2" extension, and the combination seems to work great. I posted results of a brief test on Scubaboard if anyone is interested...

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.