Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

OMD EM-1 in Nauticam housing with Nauty Viewfinder - viewing pics though LCD window

Started by dawallace99 ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

OMD EM-1 in Nauticam housing with Nauty Viewfinder - viewing pics though LCD window

7 posts
  1. I'm using an EM-1 in a Nauticam housing and just bought a Nauticam 45 degree viewfinder. Viewfinder fits and is installed, and I've changed the camera setting from "Live View" mode to "Viewfinder" mode.

     

    With the camera OUTSIDE the housing, I can review any photo taken on the camera's LCD window just by pressing the arrow button. However, when INSIDE the housing, the only way I can review the photo taken is through the Nauticam viewfinder.....I cannot view it by pushing the blue arrow button to review photos (I have to use the Nauticam viewfinder to see the photos in review....

     

    Am thinking I must have a setting incorrect....HELP!!

  2. Sorry, I can't check the details right now, but I mapped the F1 button as suggested by (I think) the Wetpixel article to allow me to change between viewfinder and LCD.

  3. There is a button to the left of the LCD that looks like a rectangle with a vertical line on either side, something like this: I [] I. That's the "live view" control. It switches between the viewfinder and the LCD.

  4. I guess that like panasonic camera near the viewfinder you have a proximity sensor. This is the reason because you cannot use viewfinder while the camera is in the housing. You should have a menu choice to enable/disable it. Along eith the above suggestions you can do whatever you like.

    Bye

  5. I guess that like panasonic camera near the viewfinder you have a proximity sensor. This is the reason because you cannot use viewfinder while the camera is in the housing. You should have a menu choice to enable/disable it. Along eith the above suggestions you can do whatever you like.

    Bye

  6. You can turn off the proximity sensor.

    BVA

  7. *** RECTIFIED **** Thanks everyone.... :-)

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.