Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

nudibranch experts: help ID a flabellina

Started by troporobo ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

nudibranch experts: help ID a flabellina

3 posts
  1. I found this tiny nudi yesterday in Anilao. It was less then 10mm long, on a wall between 8-10 m. There was a current so I didn't get a good chance to work on a better image in profile (nor get really sharp focus!). Anyway, at first I thought it might be f. exoptata which I have seen around here regularly but now I am fairly sure it is not. The closest I can find on Nudipixel is f. cynara or f. arveloi but neither seem correct and the range of those two is nowhere near here. Maybe this is a juvenile? Help with an ID much appreciated!

     

    24020443031_f244ffeeee_z.jpg

  2. I believe that you are correct! I was so sure it was a flabellina that I didn't look further. That will teach me. Thanks for the helping hand.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.