Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Is this a bug in Lightroom (6.3) or just my installation?

Started by phxazcraig ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Is this a bug in Lightroom (6.3) or just my installation?

3 posts
  1. Lightroom 6.3, installed on Windows 7 64-bit, patched up-to-date.

     

    I'm having a problem with star ratings and filtering.

     

    When I'm preparing my images for output (web, typically) I'm trying to cut down the number of images by filtering out everything less than 4 stars. So I set a filter (this is generally in Develop mode) to filter on Greater than or Equal to 4 stars.

     

    And all my 4- and 5-star images in the folder I'm working with come up nicely.

     

    Now I go through my shots, and I come to some I want to down-rate. I select one of my images, knock it down to 3-stars and go on.

     

    PROBLEM: More than just that image gets re-rated, usually to 1 star.

     

    Basically it happens any time you are filtering by stars and then downrate an image until it drops below the filter value. Much of the time, other images 'next to' that one will also get their ratings changed downward. Doesn't happen every time, but perhaps more than 50%. I simply cannot trust applying star ratings while I'm filtering.

     

    Any one else seeing this?

  2. Hi Craig

     

    No, not seen this problem but I'm using LR on a Mac. You don't by any chance have more than one image selected? it can be easily done. (forgive me if this is teaching you to suck eggs!)

  3. Hi Craig

     

    No, not seen this problem but I'm using LR on a Mac. You don't by any chance have more than one image selected? it can be easily done. (forgive me if this is teaching you to suck eggs!)

    No, definitely not. It happened again tonight. I filtered on 4 and up, then downrated an image to 3 stars. At least one more image disappeared, and when I unfiltered, I found it had changed from 4 stars to 1. Since I use 1-star as a 'delete' rating, this can be upsetting. Basically it means I can never filter down my images, at least not efficiently.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.