Hey guys
Can I seek some advice please.....
I bought a ReefNet SubSee adaptor a little while ago and a SubSee +10 lens. I've only used it once so far on a couple of dives - but, before entering the water, I was struck by how insecure the connection was between the lens and the adaptor. As far as I could see, the lens is pushed on to the adaptor and a small grub screw "holds" it in place. I spent most of the dives making sure the lens was hanging in.
Playing around with it out now, it seems pretty easy for the lens to come out - and disappear into the watery depths. I'm planning a SE Asia macro trip in the coming months and would prefer not to give the lens a one-way trip.
Does anyone have any experience of the ReefNet adaptor and securing a SubSee lens in place? I wondered about putting a slice of inner tube around the lens which might provide a bit more grip. But this seems hardly ideal. Perhaps I could get a second tightening point/screw drilled for the adaptor?
Ideas welcome!
Thanks