Beginner here, but longtime photographer just putting together my first rig and yet to get a camera wet underwater. But I'm going in pretty heavy (more than I expected). I'm using my E-M5 in an OLY PT-EP08 housing. I have 1 Z-240 to start with, tray & arms. Have the 12-50 with a PPO-EP01 port for starters.
I also have the OLY 8mm 1.8 fisheye which I'd love to use as well. Question is, has anyone used the INON dome specifically designed for the 1.8 fisheye? If not, how is the quality of INON domes in general?
Obviously, the OLY PPO-EP02 would probably be the best optically since it's made by a Lens company, but the price is pretty steep. It seems the INON dome port, which is just a few mm smaller (132x78 vs 148x91) and nearly half the weight (453g vs 700g) is also "multi-coated optical glass."
It's half the price as well (vs. Japan ebay), here: http://www.divervision.com/inon-dome-port-olympus-ep02-for-olympus-m-zuiko-8mm-fisheye-pro-om-d-mount-456212143811.html?language=en¤cy=USD&gclid=Cj0KEQiA_MK0BRDQsf_bsZS-_OIBEiQADPf--ovbf6nrNeFZRdN37aiMTCh8X9t9mLiO_lj8C0FhYsEaAoHT8P8HAQ
So, I'm just wondering if the INON might be worth a shot and if anyone has used their domes?
Thanks!
Don