Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Eye Missing

Started by bmorescuba ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Eye Missing

2 posts
  1. Check out this very odd fellow from Anilao. This is the only shot I have, and the left eye is completely missing! Genetic defect? Lost in a fight? I know it's a burrfish of some kind. Never seen anything like that before. Usually on burrfishes, the eyes are so dramatic.

    post-24977-0-11445200-1453347352_thumb.jpg

  2. I think it's a birdbeak bufffish, Cyclichthys orbicularis. I've seen quite a few burrfishes/porcupinefishes with eye injuries, but none totally healed over like that. Their eyes do seem very vulnerable to damage.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.