Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

"Photo Stacking" on OMD EM-1 (ver 4.0 FW)?

Started by kstokell ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

"Photo Stacking" on OMD EM-1 (ver 4.0 FW)?

4 posts
  1. Is anyone taking macro shots using the "Photo Stacking" feature in the new version 4.0 firmware for the EM-1?

     

    If so what are the results like?

  2. Tried it on a Huntman spider in the garage but did not work without flash. You need a well lit subject that is reasonably still which you don't get underwater. I will stick to macro lens, strobes and control over your aperture underwater. Good top side with right lighting though.

  3. Is anyone taking macro shots using the "Photo Stacking" feature in the new version 4.0 firmware for the EM-1?

     

    If so what are the results like?

    I want to try this underwater as well. I was able to get some good shots on land then stacked with Helicon. I have the EM5 MK2 so it will be "bracketing". I'm thinking to maximize ambient light in shallow water and use my two video lights for fill. A tripod would be a must. The subject should be stationary or very slow moving. Apparently the focus shifting is done with the sensor not the lens so it's utilizing the sensor stabilization function so it should even work on manual lenses.

  4. I'm going to give it a try in September. Using the Oly 60mm macro & two 4000 lumen video lights.

     

    I don't see why it wouldn't work...

     

    Kent

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.