Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Leica XU

Started by davephdv ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Leica XU

3 posts
  1. Good to 45 ft. Only 2300$.

     

    Wonder if someone would make a housing for it. 23 mm APS lens. Problem would be that it has a small macro flash at the end of the lens.

     

    It is nice that it's waterproof to 45 ft, only way I'd take a 2300$ Leica underwater. Assuming you could then put it in a housing.

     

    Housing would need a good wide angle wet lens though.

  2. I would have been quite interested if it were rated to 40m/120ft.

    IMHO if you have to put it within a housing it makes it just another camera.

    I am wondering if some housing manufacturers would built wet lenses that could go straight on the housing (hence minimizing optical defaults)

  3. Yes, I'm thinking housing. I'm also not sure there will be enough demand for a manufacturer to make a housing.

     

    Thing is even if the housing leaks the camera and its lens should be okay. The camera seems like it might be optimized for macro.

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.