Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

RX100IV vs. LX100 vs. a7sII vs. 5Dmk4

Started by Peterpan ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

RX100IV vs. LX100 vs. a7sII vs. 5Dmk4

1 posts
  1. Hello,

     

    just returned from Bonaire where i made a little video with my GoPro H4B. I'm totally hooked making videos and fotos underwater and would like to take it to another level. I would like to have more control over aperture/exposure/focus and would love to be able to take better pictures because I come from a SLR background.

     

    What I would like to do: 4K video, Macro and wide.

     

    I have read a lot about the Sony RX100IV and the Panasonic LX100 now. I would choose a Nauticam housing for both of them.

     

    So far the cons for the Sony are:

     

    -bad autofocus video

    -low battery

    -overheating problem?

    -no stabilization at 4K video

     

    Cons Panasonic:

     

    -need to change Ports (or can I take the short port + Nauticam Macro and wetlense? Then I could change everything underwater or perhaps I am wrong?)

    -no 120fps HD

    -no XAVC S

     

    Cons against both cameras:

     

    Coming from a SLR background I have 6 canon prime lenses at home (fisheye, 14mm, 35mm, 50mm, 100mm macro, 27-74mm...). So maybe I should wait for the Canon 5D MKIV or go for the Sony a7sII? It's a total different story in pricing for a housing and the camera itself but maybe worth it with these kind of lenses in stock. I already have 2 video light (Moli 1200SF and Moli 1200R).

     

    Looking forward to hear some opinions - sorry for my bad English.

     

     

    Cheers

     

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.