Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nikon D5 and D500 Launch Event

Started by jrosenf ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

Nikon D5 and D500 Launch Event

11 posts
  1. I just came across an announcement on Nikon's website about launch events for the D5 and D500 to be held in various cities throughout the U.S., beginning the second week of February and going into early March. It appears you need to contact your preferred dealer to confirm attendance.

     

    Here is the website with a list of all the participating dealers - http://www.nikonusa.com/en/learn-and-explore/events/d5-d500/index.page

     

     

    From the announcement:

     

    Come experience the future of DSLR performance.

    You’re invited to join us at select Nikon dealers nationwide and be among the first to experience Nikon’s thrilling new flagships, the D5 and D500. These game-changing DSLRs introduce a new era of speed, accuracy, image quality, video capabilities and low-light performance. Test drive the cameras, speak with Nikon product experts, dealer staff, fellow photographers and more.

    Seating is limited at each event, so don’t miss out!

    First 50 attendees through the door will receive a special gift exclusive to this event!

    Edited by jrosenf
  2. For the D3/D300 launch the special gift was a D3 branded calculator!

  3. Oh well, nothing very close to me, and more importantly - I'll be underwater in Roatan when the closest one to me happens. On the whole, I think I'd rather be in Roatan, but it would have been fun to see.

  4. Roatan is a much safer bet - especially financially :crazy:

     

    Have a great time!

  5. I think I'll go to the event in Austin...although it could be expensive.

  6. Thanks TimG.

  7. Nice job Adam! Especially your editorial comments about potential housing design issues. I do hope that housings are able to use the joystick - in the case of Seacam Canon housings this is a big plus on the 1Dx housing over the Seacam 1D3 and 4 housings. A VERY useful feature indeed.

    Also a big kudos for your reporting of Boot 2016! I ordered a Seaflash 60D as a result! I wanted to see what they looked like first (which you provided).

    Tom

  8. Ditto Tom’s words.

     

    Excellent reporting on the Nikon Pro Roadshow. Definitely saves me having to go to the one closest to me. The ISO button on the D4 was on the back, below the screen, not on the top left of the camera. This allowed housing manufacturer’s to make a left thumb paddle for the ISO, which was nice. The new position, as you say is more problematic for housing design. Yet being such a critical feature its ease of use will be a major differentiator in D5 housing ergonomics.

     

    Thanks also for the BOOT show report.

     

    Alex

  9. Ditto, ditto. Good reads - many thanks indeed!

     

     

    Tim

  10. the ISO button on the right/top side of the camera will certainly be accessible by housing manufacturers. However, with the right hand already so busy during uw shooting (focus initiating, shutter release, change of aperture and shutter speed, stop flash, start video etc.) and now in addition to change the ISO sensitivity, this seems to me a step back in ergonomics. Hope there is still another button to reassign the change in ISO to be used with the left hand (although I understand that the Mode button cannot be used for that). let's see!

     

    But for me there is anyways no real reason to upgrade, neither for camera nor the housing (and thus even saves a ton of money...)

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.