I just picked up a bargain on ebay - Aquatica 3 housings (2), and full set of ports (macro and fisheye domes), extensions and gears. I love my D800 but I also like shooting film sometimes so I thought
I love shooting film and thought this might be an interesting way to try film underwater. I already have Nikon lenses so hoping I can at least use my 35mm and 50mm lenses which have all manual rings, as well as maybe the Tokina fisheye.
Does anyone still shoot film underwater?
I cannot find much info online about shooting film underwater. Would appreciate any advice on the following topics:
ubtronic and Ikelite) with the Aquatica/F3?
2) Pros and cons of various film options underwater?
Or any tips that are unique to shooting film underwater would be greatly appreciated.
Yes film still works-you can buy it at B&H on the web-I suggest 100 asa
The best films I like where
Velvia and pro via both are 100 asa and B&H still sells this slide film
Getting it developed into slides is a bit tricky as the there are only a few labs left doing that-one is in the midwest
Prints are easy but they are prints-slide are better
You have to turn your digital stobes to manual on the stobe to shoot a Nikon F-3- Its not a TTL camera .Its best to shoot a range of F stops until you learn the right ones.
On the back of my housing you can see that small black plastic plate with the right footage and settings to shoot at various F stops
On those two housing I sold you -you will need to change the sync ports to Ikelite bulkhead connectors -you can get them from Helix in Chicago.
I shot many many hundreds of rolls thru that housing
Enjoy the old gear
I will gladly answer any questions on film for you