Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

"Exchange" - Nembrotha chamberlaini nudibranchs mating

Started by Nick Hope ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

"Exchange" - Nembrotha chamberlaini nudibranchs mating

3 posts
  1. I got some nice macro footage of Nembrotha chamberlaini nudibranchs mating at Red Rock and Twin Rocks in Anilao last year.

     

    Nudibranchs have barbed penises to hold them together and the last clips shows the effort and twisting movement required to pull that pair apart.

     

    Shot with my Panasonic GH4 in Nauticam NA-GH4 housing. I think I was using my Olympus M.Zuiko ED 12-50mm f3.5-6.3 EZ lens, with a Subsee diopter for some shots. The 2 most magnified shots are cropped in from 2160 to 1080p.

     

  2. Nick, that is fantastic footage! Thanks a lot for posting it.

     

    Coincidentally, I shot this pair two weeks ago, also at Twin Rocks in Anilao. I have yet to observe mating, but like to think that these two were engaging in a little courtship prior to the deed:

     

    24775743892_69817b2dd1_c.jpg

    Edited by troporobo
  3. nick, i have shot the same thing they are mating in the end of Feb of this year too, also in Anilao but in dive site" cathedral"..

     

    14.jpg14.jpg

    http://photo.xuite.net/leo.tsao/1532325/14.jpg

    Edited by leo999

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.