Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Bryde's Whales in Raja Ampat

Started by MikeVeitch ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Bryde's Whales in Raja Ampat

5 posts
  1. We were in Raja Ampat two weeks ago and were able to capture this aerial footage of a mother and baby Bryde's whale in the Dampier Strait area, amazing encounter, although it's not underwater it was pretty darn cool!

     

  2. That's awesome! I guess you didn't have a chance to jump in with them? Still very cool.

  3. Nice one Mike.

  4. Thanks guys, we did try on several occasions throughout the week to jump in with a couple of different whales, but they outsmarted us each time! haha

     

    Decided it would be more rewarding trying the drone with this encounter, we were right!

  5. Nice shots! I'm heading to Raja Ampat next month. I hope I have a similar encounter!

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.