Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Fantasea housing, RX100 & UWL-04?

Started by Istiophorus ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Fantasea housing, RX100 & UWL-04?

1 posts
  1. Hi,

    I want to use an RX100 III or IV underwater, with the UWL-04 lens. I read that with an Ikelite housing, vignetting will occur. The next cheapest housing would be the Fantasea, which also has the advantage of working with both the RX100 III and IV.

    From what I've read, the Fantasea housing has a 55 mm filter thread, whereas the UWL-04 has a 52 mm thread.

    However, I am a bit confused because multiple brands seem to be making UWL-04 lenses - are they all the same thing optically and filter thread wise?

    Will vignetting occur with a step-down ring from 55 to 52 with the fantasea housing and the UWL-04?

    One online shop sells a "RX100 fisheye package" which contains the Fantasea housing and a fisheye lens that supposedly has a 55 mm thread - the D & D UWL-04. I could not find any other information about this lens.

    Can anyone help me out with this mess?

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.