Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Color Cast correction in Elements vs. Photoshop CS

Started by Starbuck ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Color Cast correction in Elements vs. Photoshop CS

1 posts
  1. Color Cast correction in Elements vs. Photoshop CS

    Hello Eveyrone -

     

    There was an interesting thread posted on dd.net couple weeks ago regarding color cast correction. A remora was posted which needed a little photoshop help..

     

    Someone used the Elements color cast correction tool and the result was very good. I tried with similar results.

     

    I then used Photoshop CS but could not even get close to what Elements did. Typically, I use the curves option (ala Scott Kelby's book) and pick the shadows, midtones, etc. This yielded a terrible result in CS.

     

    Is there a plug in for CS to correct color cast similar to Elements?! Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this.

     

    You can find the original thread at digitaldiver.net under their image processing forum. I think the subject is "my buddy needs help"

     

    Thanks!

     

    M.

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.