Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Coconut 'mimic' octopus

Started by Interceptor121 ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Coconut 'mimic' octopus

5 posts
  1. I have come across a coconut octopus that lacking any shells started walking on two 'legs' after creating a shape that looked like a shell. As if it was mimicking having the coconut. I had not seen this behaviour before I wonder if anyone has? I will post the video clip once I get decent connection

    This was in Puerto Galera Giant Clam dive site

    Edited by Interceptor121
  2. That sounds interesting - looking forward to the video clip.

  3. Keen to see it!

  4. Sorry it has taken me some time including frying my computer to produce the 4K files!

     

     

    I think Youtube is still digesting the file as it is just coming out at 360p but the HD and 4K should arrive soon

     

    The behaviour is around 2:40 in the clip afterwards there are other strange moves of the octopus

     

    Conditions were shocking and I did not have my tripod legs so a bit shaky apologies!

    Edited by Interceptor121
  5. I can see why that behavior caught your eye. Very interesting, thanks.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.