Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

My go pro video is red at 10-15 metres

Started by stevef4715 ·

  • 13Posts
  • 13Replies

Read-only discussion

My go pro video is red at 10-15 metres

13 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    Ive just started underwater photography with a Go Pro Hero 4 silver. I was on a dive yesterday and tried a new red filter I got for xmas, but instead of enhancing the reds at this depth EVERYTHING is red! I tried to edit using the white balance but no luck. I cannot find anything about this on google etc. What have I done wrong??

     

     

  2. If you take out the filter and everything is blue/green then U done nothing wrong.. It's your filters fault. Name the brand of the filter of you can...

    Edited by hellhole
  3. Are you also using a light at the same time?

  4. The filter is one my wife brought on ebay, its cheap from asia i presume, but I thought you could any red filter even cellophone that was red. I wasnt using the light it was open water perfect viz.

  5. Some of these cheap ones are really bad. If it really red... Like blood red. Then it won't work. Tell your wife thanks... And get at better one

  6. Thanks all. Is there any way of rectifying on software? Ive tried GoPro studio but no bananas

  7. Underwater blue-water color correction filters these days are more of a salmon color and not red.

    For example see this link:

    http://reefphoto.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=95_59&products_id=8539

     

    I recall back in the film days that a CC30 red filter was suggested to use with an external filter adapter on Nikonos lenses (28 and 35mm) but I never got around to trying this. BTW 30CC units is fairly weak compared to red filters used for black and white film photography.

    Edited by Tom_Kline
  8. Hi guys,

     

    I faced the same issue too on my first diving trip after my Open Water Course.. Anyone have a solution to fixing the photos and videos with the Red color?

     

    Thanks in advance

  9. I had a dive on the weekend with some people that were right into photography. They had 3 red filters and called them shallow, mid and deep. They think I have been using a deep filter on shallow dives. I've looked on the net and the shallow filter is more pinkish than red. Maybe I have the wrong filter.....

  10. I had a dive on the weekend with some people that were right into photography. They had 3 red filters and called them shallow, mid and deep. They think I have been using a deep filter on shallow dives. I've looked on the net and the shallow filter is more pinkish than red. Maybe I have the wrong filter.....

    LOL! That's what post #2 said!

  11. e5d1350e9b58eb0a852af188a727f4ea.jpg

     

    For the china filter, so far this is the best i've tried. However, I've switched to Polarpro then lost it in a dive. And now Polarpro Switchblade 2.0.

     

    I've also heard really good result from SRP. If u need to shoot something really close with all the color restore, u definitely need a light. For now, I'm using 2x archon d11v. Of course there are other brands that's more expensive.

     

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

  12. I have done the same mistake...bought one off ebay (amazon was selling them at that time too) and it ruined all my videos/pictures. It was thick and very red.

    So I bought a Polarpro which is more pink-ish and all videos are great....Buy cheap, buy twice and all that...

  13. I used a cheap eBay filter for a few dives and the final outcome wasn't that great. After reading several reviews i broke down and bought a Backscatter Flip4 with a macro mate lense. Cant wait til my next dive to try it out!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.