Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Canon 7d flash help

Started by greedo5678 ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon 7d flash help

3 posts
  1. Hey all,

     

    I have a 7d mk1 (can't affor the upgrade!) and Nauticam housing.

     

    But that tiny little switch under the hot shoe is stuck down. Anyone Know an easy way to get it back up? I don't have time to send back to canon before heading out to the Philippines in a few weeks!

     

    But what this means is I can't raise the flash, to then be able to fire my external inons via fibre optic.

     

    HELP!! Any menus that will pop it up? And other way of firing flashes?

     

    Cheers guys

    Olly

  2. I have had that same problem on my 7D. Its the flash contact stuck. Look at this video on youtube. easy fix.

     

  3. I also had the same problem. I was able to easily remove the hotshoe as well as the plate under it, but I still couldn't get the button to come up. It seemed that the only way to access it was to open the back of the camera, so I gave up and sent it to Canon to repair. However, I think if you pull up the flash with your finger nail while pressing the flash deployment button, you should be able to get the flash open and then fire, which is what I think your immediate need is. Good luck.

     

    I found my receipt. They charged me $246 with shipping.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.