Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

RG Blue screen magnifier.

Started by Steepdiver ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

RG Blue screen magnifier.

5 posts
  1. Hi, has any one have any experience of this screen magnifier? Looks like it could be a useful device for an old diver like myself. http://www.rgblue.jp/en/products/rmgf/

  2. Has anyone used one or got one. I'd love to know how well they work.

  3. yes, I own it and have used it. The magnifier is VERY reflective and only really usable at 15m or deeper, even with the sun shield - which I later bought as I thought it might help. It doesnt. I have in the meantime stopped using the magnifier altogether. Expensive disappointment.

     

    Clearly cannot recommend it.

     

    bubffm

  4. Thanks for sharing you're view.

  5. It uses Fresnet Lens technology, which will indeed magnify but you also lose resolution. Not a problem for focusing light, but a big problem for photography.

     

    Depending on your housing, you may be able to find an OEM magnifier, for example this one from Nauticam, which my wife has and loves.

    http://reefphoto.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=6396

    Edited by tursiops

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.