Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Help With RAW

Started by NWDiver ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Help With RAW

3 posts
  1. Help With RAW

    Ok have Nikon D100 and shot RAW NEF for the first time. Using JASC Paint Shop Pro 8 for editing pictures. I Plug serial port in to camera turn it on and the computer gives me the option to download pictures for everything but Paint Shop Pro. So I download via Nikon View 5. Pictures show up fine in Nikon View but when I try to pull them up in Paint Shop Pro they are Thumb size. I can’t seem to resize them, when I do the pixels just get bigger.

     

    Anyone know how to deal with this???

  2. Hi NWDiver,

     

    Nikon view doesn't do any RAW conversion - what it is good for is browsing the RAW files. Each RAW file has a tiny jpeg thumbnail inside it that the browser uses to show you what the RAW file looks like.

     

    It sounds like this is what you are getting.

     

    In order to open a RAW file in Paint Shop Pro, you will need to convert it to a TIFF or jpeg first. You will need another program to do this, such as Nikon Capture or Photoshop.

     

    Could someone who uses Nikonview chime in here? I'm wondering if it has the capability to do a "default values" RAW conversion to at least get NWdiver started.

     

    Cheers

    James

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.