Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Duct tape-magic invention Share your applications

Started by chris.pienaar3@gmail.com ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Duct tape-magic invention Share your applications

3 posts
  1. I have just used duct tape to save myself a few dollars. I neede a focus gear for my Canon 100mm non IS. They are available online, but due to our weak currency and high shipping costs I needed to look for alternatives. I have sent the dimensions to a friend to design and print a gear for me, but that will take too long and I have a trip planned. I do have a zoom gear for a Canon 10-20 but the tube is too short. After a real "lightbulb" moment I decided to try the gear I have and stick it to the lens with ducttape, and voila! A working solution!dad08f20b9ba32d6c93b780b350681cf.jpg

     

     

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  2. Can you note your materials and step process?

    Cheers

  3. It do the same to use my Samyang 8mm fisheye underwater. I use

    a standard zoom ring to change the manual aperture.

    No duct-tape, but window seal to make a custom adapter.

     

    I did the same with a Tokina 10-17 and an x1.4 extender.

     

     

    apu4yve2.jpg

     

    yhagy8yd.jpg

     

    e5a8e9uj.jpg

     

    y2ygybyq.jpg

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.