Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

reverse ring electronic adapter - Nikon

Started by crowey89 ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

reverse ring electronic adapter - Nikon

6 posts
  1. Novoflex has EOS Retro to fit all Nikon and Canon lenses in reverse.

     

    Where is the equivalent for Nikon? Can I make my own?

    D300, 60mm sigma 62mm thread.

    Thanks

    **** I would like to be able to adjust the f stop ****

  2. I think making your own would be VERY ambitious. and to make it fit in a housing even more fun.

    Bill

  3. Any ideas on a company that makes them? Can get an oversized port fairly easy.

    Cheers

  4. I don't know anyone who makes one, I have the Canon one from Novoflex, I would call them, I am sure they tried it, alternatively you could take one of theirs and make sure the contacts are in the right place.

    Bill

    Bill

  5. I know this is an old topic, but here's a DIY idea you could try:

     

    Buy a cheap set of "auto" extension tubes and a "dumb" lens reversing ring on Amazon, or wherever. The thinnest tube could go on the camera before the ring. Open it up and tap into the electrical connectors with some soldered loose wire. Run the wire to a second tube (or half of a chopped one) that you use on the lens.

     

    I'm not sure of the effect from the additional mounting distance, but it should work to jumper the electrical connections.

  6. Keep in mind that unlike Canon who has electronically actuated aperture, Nikon uses a mechanical lever to actuate (closing) their aperture, once separated the lens is basically a stop down lens, so inverting a Nikon lens, not only do you forfeit the auto aperture linkage, but if doing it with a G lens with no aperture ring, well you have no aperture control at all

     

    There is a special mechanical adapter from Nikon that allowed the aperture to be closed by using a double cable release, but, I have considerable experience both in the field of camera repair and underwater housing and really can't see how you would be able to configure it to work properly, reliably... and economically.

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.