Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Ikelite Magnifying Viewfinder

Started by kmlucy ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Ikelite Magnifying Viewfinder

8 posts
  1. Hi all,

     

    I have a Nikon D7100 with an Ikelite housing. I am looking to purchase a 180° magnifying viewfinder, and I wanted to know if anybody has any experience with the Ikelite model. How does it compare to other models, such as the Inon or Nauticam viewfinders? Would I be better off going with the Nauticam model so I can just buy a new mounting ring if I switch to a different housing manufacturer in the future?

     

    Thanks,

    Kyle

  2. I'm pretty sure the Ikelite viewfinders are Inons with an Ikelite mount. Inons can be adapted to other housings as well. The reviews I've seen say that nauticam viewfinder gives a better (larger) image. But the nauticam is more expensive as well. I use a inon 45 with an attachment made by Bill from uwcamerastuff

  3. the ikelite viewfinder is a Inon ,i have used both Inon and nauticam and prefer the nauticam (larger view with diopter adjustment) over the inon and when you look at the cost of the ikelite viewfinder and adaptor vs the nauticam with adaptor there is not that much difference in price, i looked at it like an investment as i can transfer it to other housings in the future,plus in the future if you decide to sell it you will still get a good price and they get snapped up quick.

  4. How does the Inon/Ikelite compare to the stock viewfinder? How much better is the view?

     

    Thanks,

    Kyle

  5. Way better then the stock viewfinder.

  6. Does it allow you to see the whole viewfinder without shifting your head back and forth? That is my main reason for upgrading.

  7. I have actually seen that. I don't get to go diving that often, which is why I'm going for the 180 instead of the 45.

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.