Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Prescription Mask Lenses' ?

Started by DS256 ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Prescription Mask Lenses' ?

9 posts
  1. I dive with reading glass inserts in bottom on my mask. This allows me to read my gauges and check camera settings. However, on land, I wear progressive bifocal glasses. There have been times when diving when I wished I had the same bifocal. I was wondering of anyone else's experience at purchasing and using full prescription mask lenses to provide the same bifocal capability. Thanks

  2. Yep. I got to the same situation (after wearing a single-vision prescription mask for many years) and finally went bifocal when my distance prescription made it hard to see up close. I could not be happier. Gauges and viewfinders are sharp again. Go here, they know what they are doing and make high quality masks:

     

    https://prescriptiondivemasks.com/

  3. Yep. I got to the same situation (after wearing a single-vision prescription mask for many years) and finally went bifocal when my distance prescription made it hard to see up close. I could not be happier. Gauges and viewfinders are sharp again. Go here, they know what they are doing and make high quality masks:

     

    https://prescriptiondivemasks.com/

    I concur with this recommendation. Great outfit.

    On the other hand, I just had cataract/lens replacement surgery in both eyes and can now see near and far with no correction. Amazing technology! The hardest problem was finding and inserting the original plain lenses for all my masks.

  4. Thanks. Both a little steep for me but good ideas.

  5. Thanks. Both a little steep for me but good ideas.

    Have you tired to go monovision? I use my left eye for distance so my mask left lens has -1.0 diopter and my right eye gets the -2.0 diopter for reading vision.

    Found a good mask with wide range of diopters minus and plus. Spirit2 with single vision diopters in both eyes around $72

     

    Here's a mask with bifocal lenses custom ground to your regular vision from Snorkel-Mart.com for $269.95

    http://www.snorkel-mart.com/detail.cfm?ProductID=120&AllocatedProductID=119

    Edited by Easydiver2
  6. One more vote for prescriptiondivemasks.com! I have a reasonably strong prescription, and was skeptical about how good it would be when put into a dive mask. Well surprise surprise when my new mask arrived.. I was/am amazed! Fantastic clear vision! Maybe even better than my regular glasses. Definitely worth the investment imo.

  7. I have been using SCUBA OPTICS For my bifocals over 20 years and highly recommend them.

     

    scubaoptics@comcast

  8. Thanks all.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.