Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nauticam domes on Aquatica housing...

Started by Akoni ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Nauticam domes on Aquatica housing...

7 posts
  1. Is this possible? The domes are both Zen (a mini and a 230mm).

  2. Does the center twist out of the 230? I have an 8" Zen that was Subal and I bought a new center piece, now it's Aquatica.Wasn't cheap but cheaper then a new dome. Can't help you with the mini dome

  3. Contact Reef Photo, they are the Zen guys and would know

  4. I didn't get much help from Reef Photo when I inquired a year ago, ended up get the adapter from Backscatter who got it from Reef Photo.

  5. That is surprising, I have found Reef very knowledgeable and helpful. But I ask to speak with Alan, Kevin or Ryan.

  6. 230 domes are not modular, but DP-100 may be. The best source of up to date product info is glass at zenunderwater dot com, and a photo of the exact part goes a long way to determining any rolling changes that have happened along the way that could affect compatibility.

     

    I actually answered Paul's inquiry from Dec 4 2014, so I'd be the unhelpful one. I'm guessing the point that was unsatisfactory is that we don't sell these parts for user install, and we would always recommend that other dealers do the same. This may not always be the most convenient solution, but we've found this to be the best way to avoid unexpected incompatibilities, stuck parts, and damage from DIY modification.

  7. Off topic, great job on the new Zenunderwater.com web site.

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.