Skip to content

Copyright Issues, Non-Payment, Fraud, Theft / Archived topic

A question about footage requirement

Started by lutfu ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

A question about footage requirement

4 posts
  1. Hello

    one of the leading tv companies has asked to use my footage in a program and to interview me also. Any idea what sort of price i should ask. Or would they expect it to be without charge. i have no idea.

    Thanks

  2. Interviews may be free (depends if you want to be on TV!) but existing footage for broadcast could reasonably go for $100 per second and up.

  3. Interviews may be free (depends if you want to be on TV!) but existing footage for broadcast could reasonably go for $100 per second and up.

     

    I agree on the interview.

     

    Footage for Broadcast is harder to price. A lot depends on the usage and format. For single use, non-exclusive, 1080, I think anything from USD40-USD50 per second is the most you might get, again depending on amount of seconds required. 4K you would get a lot more. Public Broadcasters usually want to pay less. Exclusive (5 years or perpetuity) would put the price up again.

     

    At the end of the day, it's up to you get get whatever you are happy with. For some Public Broadcasters I've given footage away for free (or nearly free). For extremely unusual footage I sometimes charge more. I usually give a discount for over 30 seconds used.

  4. Hello

    Thank you very much for the useful information that you provided

    we will see if will make a good deal that everybody is happy

    thank you very much again

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.