Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

National Geographic Special - Great White Sharks tonight!!!!

Started by dhaas ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

National Geographic Special - Great White Sharks tonight!!!!

2 posts
  1. National Geographic Special - Great White Sharks tonight!!!!

    Folks,

     

    Tonight at 8 p.m. eastern time on National Geographic's Ultimate Explorer is a special shot last fall at Guadalupe by Bob Cranston. In my area it's listed on MSNBC. A 2003 trip I organized was there and we transported a sound guy plus host Mireya Mayor back up to San Diego while the film makers stayed for another week or so.....We pretty much had the anchorage to ourselves between the 2 boats.

     

    They had a a small cage and another San Diego videographer. The special explores sonic attraction and includes Bob and the other videographer venturing out in open water with the White sharks....Might be pretty cool to watch....

     

    You can see some of my shots from 2002 and 2003 trips at:

    www.pbase.com/dhaas

     

    Email with any questions :D

     

    Hope you enjoy it!

     

    David Haas

    davidhaas@sbcglobal.net

  2. Watched a little bit of it - the place where they claim to have done the full face mask traning dives is a local haunt of mine - Ship Rock at Catalina Island. They got some great footage of that site, fantastic viz... I always like seeing local diving on a national stage.

     

    Also looked like fantastic footage from Guadalupe...That's a trip on my definite to do list

     

    Now my gripe.... I must say that that woman host has horrible trim and I would NOT want to be trying to take pics after she rototillers her splits through the sand..... And the whole picking up marine life thing to show to the camera? :roll:

     

    Reminds me of a show I saw recently, male and female host video taping on the GBR, the male would come up to a table coral and place both hands on top of it.....

     

    I wish producers would be more sensitive to these issues and show less boorish behavior

     

    Chris

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.