Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nauticam port with 60mm macro, focus gear?

Started by BC83 ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Nauticam port with 60mm macro, focus gear?

6 posts
  1. Hey

     

    I am looking at getting a 6mm macro this week for my 60d with Nauticam housing

     

    I am looking at buying Nauticam port 41, why would I need a gear for this lens though as it is a fixed length?

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. Manual focus.

  3. Cool, I presume manual focus is quite useful if using a teleconverter or making video. I wish to keep it simple for now so will go without I think, can always get one if needed. Thanks for clearing up the issue for me

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. i use this lens without manual focus and am quite happy doing so. I usually lock focus using AF and then move the camera to recompose anyway. Though I have definitely come across situations in which MF would have been useful, especially in very tight quarters, but those have been rare for me.

  5. i use this lens without manual focus and am quite happy doing so. I usually lock focus using AF and then move the camera to recompose anyway. Though I have definitely come across situations in which MF would have been useful, especially in very tight quarters, but those have been rare for me. [/quote

     

    Sounds good, I think this is the way for me to go, where I do my ocean dives (Iceland) the visibility can be less than 50cm so I think this is the best lens for macro here

  6. When shooting with my105 lens doing super macro, I find the ability to focus manually is indispensable. When shooting the 60 My depth of field is much larger and fine manual focus adjustments are not routinely needed IMHO.

    Edited by diverdoug1
Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.