Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Transport of heavy equipment from hotel to diving center

Started by SMY ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Transport of heavy equipment from hotel to diving center

6 posts
  1. I'm really getting old....

     

    When I have to transport my camera equipment (Nauticam D750 housing, Nikon D750, buoyancy arms, 2 YS-D2) with a transport rope between the arms over the shoulder, sooner or later the 10kg are very heavy.......how to you do that....I already thought about a mini trolley or something like that....any advice?

     

    Regards, Sascha

  2. Hey Sascha

     

    A big, soft-sided cool bag with a shoulder strap works well.

     

    I often buy a laundry basket from a local hardware store for about $4-$5 and give it away at the end of the trip. It's light so doesn't add much to the weight and makes the system easy to carry.

     

    You could get one of those fold out luggage trolleys and sit the laundry basket on it.....

  3. I use a lightweight duffle bag with a shoulder strap.

  4. Hi together, cool ideas.. I will try them...

     

    Regards, Sascha

  5. Hi When I am diving from shore I also use a large cool bag, which fits my D800 seacam with super dome long arms & two seacam strobes no problem

    this also helps to keep the heat off as I use it between dives.

    regards,

    Andy.

  6. I use a padded strap with clips that came with an old bag. Clip it to the handle I made to carry the rig in and out of the water. Sounds a lot like what you have done except with padding.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.