Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Zeiss Batis 18 f/2.8 announced

Started by tobbe ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Zeiss Batis 18 f/2.8 announced

2 posts
  1. Hij,

    I currently use a Sony A7RII + Sigma 15mm in a Nauticam housing, and I'm now looking for a WA alternative.

    I was about to order the Sony 16-35mm FE f / 4 tthat is an excellent lens with existing configuration for Nauticam, but it may also be an idea to take a look at the new Zeiss Batis 18 f/2.8 that will be released in May, or what do you think?

    I'll probably wait for some reviews before making a choice.

    Edited by tobbe
  2. We'll test the lens behind available domes as soon as we can to see if it is any better than 16-35 /4, or 28 /2 with WWL-1. I have high hopes for the lens based on Touit 12mm. I'm also skeptical that it will have better corner sharpness than 28 with WWL, but that is a "different" combo having a bit of barrel distortion and a wider 130 deg FOV.

     

    My quick WWL-1 tests with A7 v. 28 /2 & SEL-057FEC and 16-35/4.

    https://www.evernote.com/l/AOIqdRrEETlOYYP-6eFWgfnQwXftHgB3eK4

    Edited by Ryan
WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.