Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Zoom gear Identification

Started by Eyematey ·

  • 12Posts
  • 12Replies

Read-only discussion

Zoom gear Identification

12 posts
  1. I have a zoom gear and trying to figure what brand housing it fits. The OD of the gear portion is 82mm and has a pretty much the same tooth design as Nauticam and S&S. Subal perhaps??

     

    Thanks

    Steve

  2. Is better if you show us a photo (if possible).

     

    CarlesCastillo.com

  3. The gear has no numbers or lettering, does fit my NIK 12-24 DX with rubber zoom ring on. Similar in size to some Anthis/Nexus gears I have laying around.

    post-17891-0-72920100-1461256631_thumb.jpg

    Edited by Eyematey
  4. Somebody in the industry must know the answer, Subal or Nexus? Don't need specifics just what brand it might work with.

     

    Thanks

     

    Steve

  5. It's really hard to say but it does look like a Subal zoom ring

  6. Thank you Tim, I have S&S, Nauticam and some Nexus gears but the OD does not match (except maybe Nexus). Just want to move it along to someone who can use it. Fits my 12-24 Nik perfectly.

     

    Steve

  7. Not that it helps in ID for this part but as a tip, Anytime that I buy a gear of extension, I immediately label it with a sharpie for part # and size.

  8. Not that it helps in ID for this part but as a tip, Anytime that I buy a gear of extension, I immediately label it with a sharpie for part # and size.

    Darn good idea! I've got two zoom rings that I no longer use and can't be100% sure what they go with.

  9. It's Subal zoom gear for 14-24 lens. Its have 80 gears and it's fits for housing and port that have bayonet type 3.

  10. Thank you Valadimir, 80 teeth. Fits a 12-24 Nik that I have also.

     

    Steve

  11. It's Subal zoom gear for 14-24 lens. Its have 80 gears and it's fits for housing and port that have bayonet type 3.

    You wouldn't know the Subal part number by chance?

     

    Thanks

     

    Steve

  12. 4ZN327

     

    Best regards

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.