Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Color Managed Video player..... OMG!!!!!!

Started by kc_moses ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Color Managed Video player..... OMG!!!!!!

3 posts
  1. Alright, for years I always feel that the color from my Panasonic LX100 and GH4 come out a bit flat. Lately I was processing some timelapse photos/video, and I was scratching my head about why the photos look nice in Lightroom but when the photos get exported, and when I view the photos from ACDSee, the photos look flat. That lead me to do some research/troubleshoot and found out the concept of "color managed" photo viewer. To spare the technical and boring stuffs, my monitor was calibrated with X-rite Colormunki Display so I always thought I was seeing what it's supposed to look like until I discover the whole color managed issue.

     

    Anyway, do yourself a favor, use Window Media Player classic (https://mpc-hc.org/) and follow this setting (https://voxelium.wordpress.com/2010/09/20/icc-color-management-in-media-player-classic-home-cinema/) to make your Window Media Player color managed, so that when reviewing your videos, you see what the color supposed to be! Mac people, you're on your own since I don't use Mac. After done this, I'm much happier with the blue color that I'm seeing from Panasonic (shoot in "Scenery" color profile), I think it's just as good as Canon.

  2. I agree that the Scenery profile is much more suited for the Panasonic's underwater. I'm too much happier with it now I'm running that profile.

     

    (Which was your suggestion a few months back)

  3. Glad that you find the Scenery profile pleasing Richard. I did hear a comment that the scenery profile makes yellow too warm/much. I haven't come across big school of sweet lip yellow fish yet (I always found them to be an interesting goofy subject), so if you shoot scene with lots of yellow color, do pay attention and may be need to switch to Natural/Standard for those kind of scene.

     

    Moses

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.